- Basic normal mapping can be implemented in any hardware that supports palettized textures.
- It allows for much more modern effects such as dynamic lighting and normal mapping.
- The first game console to have specialized normal mapping hardware was the Sega Dreamcast.
- Jim Blinn first introduced the idea of normal mapping in a 1978 SIGGRAPH paper.
- Per-pixel lighting is commonly used with techniques like normal mapping, bump mapping, specularity, and shadow volumes.
- Material attributes can be used to produce effects such as normal mapping, parallax mapping, horizon mapping, and bumpy reflections or refractions.
- The graphics in " Chaos Theory " feature a number of improvements, including the addition of normal mapping, HDR lighting, and parallax mapping.
- The game uses normal mapping, which allows detailed textures to be drawn on models with lower polygon counts; this increases visual fidelity, without sacrificing higher frame rates.
- Zoom in, and you'll see that even normal mapping, under low class lighting, still exists and YES WORKS WITH BLOCKY SHADING ( HitMan : BM ).
- In "'normal mapping "', the unit dotted with the unit vector normal to that surface, and the dot product is the intensity of the light on that surface.