- From 1650, the Sturm family owned the castle at Odendorf in Swisttal.
- Swisttal received its names from a brook named Swist, which flows in the middle of the municipality.
- The central school for advanced and vocational training is in L黚eck and controls the five basic training schools in Swisttal, Neustrelitz, Oerlenbach, Walsrode and Eschwege.
- The town borders on Bonn to the south, the towns of Alfter and Swisttal to the southwest, the town of Weilerswist to the west, the towns of Rhine-bordering town of Niederkassel in the east.
- Prie?was a member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany since 1972, of the Public Service Union 諸V since 1974 and later of its successor organization ver . di . together with his wife Anne he organized yearly art exhibitions in Heimerzheim, Swisttal.