- Fifteen years later, he found 5 Astraea, the first new asteroid in 38 years.
- These included 5 Astraea, 53 Kalypso, 187 Lamberta, 453 Tea, 1335 Demoulina and 1858 Lobachevskij, and comet Encke.
- The first, 5 Astraea, was the first asteroid discovered after the long gap that followed the last of the original four, 4 Vesta, which was discovered already in 1807.
- The minor planet was named in honor of German amateur astronomer Karl Ludwig Hencke ( 1793 1866 ), a postmaster by profession, who discovered the main-belt asteroids 5 Astraea and 6 Hebe in 1845 and 1847, respectively.
- It's difficult to find 5 astraea in a sentence. 用5 astraea造句挺難的