- Oceanwards, beyond the edge of the rise, lies the abyssal plain.
- The Barents Abyssal Plain is located at the center of the Fram Basin.
- After the shelf the continental slope descends to abyssal plains at-deep.
- The abyssal plain is covered with soft sludge composed of dead organisms from above.
- The Sigsbee Abyssal Plain is the deepest and flattest sector of the deep basin.
- It's difficult to find abyssal plains in a sentence. 用abyssal plains造句挺難的
- They are not generally found at abyssopelagic or hadopelagic depths or on the abyssal plain.
- Pilkey began his career with the study of abyssal plains on the deep sea floor.
- Some may extend seawards across continental shelves for hundreds of kilometres before reaching the abyssal plain.
- Further out are the abyssal plains.
- This created the Biscay Abyssal Plain, and parted the Iberian plate from the Trevelyan Escarpment.
- Despite the low density, there is a fairly diverse community living on the abyssal plain.
- Past the eastern end of the rise, the sea floor drops away to the abyssal plain.
- The Iberian Abyssal Plain, off the west coast of Portugal and Spain, formed 126 Ma.
- Cephalopods occupy most of the depth of the ocean, from the abyssal plain to the sea surface.
- It has been estimated that well over 10, 000 may exist on continental slopes and abyssal plains.