- Both are descendants of the ALGOL language series.
- ALGOL languages have been criticized as being verbose.
- Ron Morrison's 1979 PhD thesis, " On the Development of Algol ", describes the design and implementation of the S-algol language.
- This became a standard feature of computer languages, and the notation for grammars used in concrete descriptions of computer languages came to be known as Backus Naur form, after two members of the Algol language design committee.
- He received a BS in mathematics at Temple University in 1950 and an MS at the University of Pennsylvania in 1953, then went to work at Remington-Rand with Grace Hopper on the development of compilers for her Univac programming languages beginning with A-2, followed by MATH-MATIC and FLOW-MATIC . In 1958 he served as one of the US members of the IAL committee which specified the ALGOL language.
- It's difficult to find algol language in a sentence. 用algol language造句挺難的