- The sketches include landscapes, and views of the Volga and barge haulers.
- "Barge Haulers " is inspired by scenes witnessed by the artist while holidaying on the Volga in 1870.
- This sojourn resulted in his painting of the iconic " Barge Haulers on the Volga " and other work.
- During this time, he worked on the painting " Barge Haulers on the Volga ", commissioned by Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich.
- Repin traveled to the Volga River in 1870 to sketch landscapes and studies of barge haulers ( Repin House and the Repin Museum on the Volga commemorate this sojourn ).
- It's difficult to find barge hauler in a sentence. 用barge hauler造句挺難的
- He painted a portrait of Alexander Kerensky, and " The Slaves of Imperialism " ( a new version of the painting " Barge Haulers on the Volga " ).
- His 1873 painting " Barge Haulers on the Volga ", radically different from previous Russian paintings, made him the leader of a new movement of critical realism in Russian art.
- Repin's 1872 " Volga Boatmen " was painted during the same period and shares many compositional qualities with " Barge Haulers on the Volga " . 62?7 cm, Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow
- One cartoon, based on Ilya Repin's painting " Barge Haulers on the Volga ", created an international hubbub in 1958 : Nikita Khrushchev, on the barge pulled by Eastern bloc countries, is shouting " Imperialists ! " to the US and UK on the shore.
- The reservoir will bury not only towns and orchards, but also Chinese artifacts thousands of years old _ ancient barge haulers'tow paths, hanging coffins and mysterious rock engravings _ and it will cut by a third or more the majestic height of sheer-sloped gorges that today dwarf river travelers in misty drama.
- Soon after its completion, the painting was purchased by Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich and exhibited widely throughout Europe as a landmark of Russian realist painting . " Barge Haulers on the Volga " has been described as " perhaps the most famous painting of the Peredvizhniki movement [ for ] . . . . its unflinching portrayal of backbreaking labor ".