- It is metabolised to form benzylmorphine and then further to morphine, and so is a long-acting prodrug for morphine, but with a slow onset of effects.
- Benzylmorphine is used as the hydrochloride ( free base conversion ratio 0.91 ) and methylsulphonate ( 0.80 ) and has a US DEA Administrative Controlled Substance Control Number of 9052.
- Benzylmorphine is used in much the same way as codeine and ethylmorphine, primarily as a moderate strength analgesic, for eye surgery as a 1 to 2 per cent solution, and as a cough suppressant.
- Drugs bearing resemblance to codeine in effects due to close structural relationship are variations on the methyl groups at the 3 position including ethylmorphine a . k . a . codethyline ( Dionine ) and benzylmorphine ( Peronine ).
- Nicocodeine is regulated in most cases as is codeine and similar weak opiate drugs like ethylmorphine, benzylmorphine, dihydrocodeine and its other close derivatives like acetyldihydrocodeine ( although not the stronger hydrocodone or oxycodone, which are regulated like morphine ) and others of this class in the laws of countries and the Single Convention On Narcotic Drugs.
- It's difficult to find benzylmorphine in a sentence. 用benzylmorphine造句挺難的
- It was available in the United States prior to 1914 and was still used until the 1960s, but fell into disuse once alternative opiate derivatives became preferred by doctors ( i . e . hydrocodone as an analgesic and codeine as a cough suppressant ) Benzylmorphine is now a Schedule I Controlled Substance in the USA and is regulated internationally under UN drug conventions.
- The interaction of carisoprodol with essentially all opioids, and other centrally acting analgesics, but especially those of the codeine-derived subgroup of the semisynthetic class ( codeine, ethylmorphine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, nicocodeine, benzylmorphine, the various acetylated codeine derivatives including acetyldihydrocodeine, dihydroisocodeine, nicodicodeine and others ) which allows the use of a smaller dose of the opioid to have a given effect, is useful in general and especially where skeletal muscle injury and / or spasm is a large part of the problem.