- The trials were conducted fairly by Brevet Colonel John Garland and by Colonel Bennet Riley.
- The same General Order appointed him Major General by Brevet, as of the same date.
- For his distinguished service in California, he was promoted to Captain, and then Major, by brevet.
- He became major in the Marines in 1791, and lieutenant colonel, and colonel by brevet in 1794.
- In 1811, Hill was promoted to the rank of lieutenant-colonel by brevet in the British army.
- It's difficult to find by brevet in a sentence. 用by brevet造句挺難的
- For distinguished conduct and public service, he was appointed brigadier general, by brevet, on July 13, 1900.
- Hardinge entered the Sikh capital Lahore on 20 February and Currie, assisted on military matters by Brevet-Major Beas.
- In recognition of his long and distinguished service, he was, in September 1783, promoted by brevet to major general.
- It does not include legislation pertaining solely to appointments to that grade in the non-permanent establishment, or by brevet.
- Following a special decision of the US Congress, he was commissioned in September 1783 lieutenant colonel by brevet by the Continental Army.
- However, because Daggett was a brigadier general by brevet rank only, Ames was the last full-ranked Civil War general to die.
- As a result of this decision, Ripley owed the United States a sum of money that he had expended while serving as a Major General by brevet.
- In March 1841 he joined the horse artillery, and became a second captain in April 1844, and major by brevet on selling out in October 1846.
- On 4 June 1814 Campbell was promoted colonel in the army by brevet, and on 25 July made a captain and lieutenant-colonel in the Coldstream Guards.
- As a result of the event, Davis was never raised from brigadier general to the rank of major general in the regular Army although he held the rank by brevet.