- But the Charter government, controlled by rural elites, fought back hard.
- Coddington never liked Williams, nor did he like being subordinated to the new charter government.
- He served as chairman of the Charter Review Committee that organized the charter government reform movement in Phoenix.
- To supporters of charter government, the Jan . 9 election is about bringing Maricopa County into the 21st century.
- There was an article in mainspace, but currently Kirby Delauter redirects to Frederick County, Maryland # Charter government.
- It's difficult to find charter government in a sentence. 用charter government造句挺難的
- The next major threat to the charter government came during the American Revolution when the Common Council stopped meeting in 1775.
- The Phoenix Chamber of Commerce will ask its board Friday whether it supports charter government and wants to recruit or endorse candidates.
- Charter governments were political corporations created by letters patent, giving the grantees control of the land and the powers of legislative government.
- He appointed members to draft a powerful form of charter government in October 1964 ( taking until 1970 to be voted in ).
- In November, voters will decide whether to adopt a charter government for Maricopa County, giving it much more control over its destiny.
- Decades after the charter-government cleanup of city politics, the Charter Government Committee came to be seen as a group of establishment kingmakers.
- Goldwater entered politics in 1949 as a founding member of the Charter Government party, formed by leading Phoenix businessmen to purge the city of corruption.
- In Maricopa County's election Jan . 9, voters will be asked to elect the charter committee and whether to move forward with charter government.
- In 1948, when Montgomery County transitioned to a charter government, the responsibilities of appointing chiefs for the MCPD was transferred to the Montgomery County Executive.
- In doing so, the Court would necessarily find that the " Dorrite " alternative republican government was the lawful government of Rhode Island, superseding the charter government.