- Defensive ramparts and moats were completed and by 1177 St . Clemens Church had been built.
- By 1542, Portsmouth was surrounded by defensive ramparts and towers built from earth and wood.
- The largest camp structure is a square that encloses about with a defensive rampart and ditch.
- Unfortunately the English arrived first, destroying the defensive ramparts, before he could reach the lines.
- Although it was a residential palace, it had defensive ramparts and moats typical of a castle.
- It's difficult to find defensive rampart in a sentence. 用defensive rampart造句挺難的
- The defensive ramparts includes a partially maintained fourth line to the north and a pair of moats.
- An external defensive rampart occupies the higher ground to the south of the castle above the neck ditch.
- The buildings along Vestergade were the first outside the western defensive ramparts and formed the first civilian settlement.
- Far from a defensive rampart, it is a " northward invasion bridgehead, " he said.
- Further construction of a castle-monastery complex and defensive ramparts were built between the 10th to 12th century AD.
- The defensive ramparts of the fort, and two round barrows dating from the early Bronze Age, can be seen.
- For that it was extended with the construction of several defensive ramparts, in order to create room for troops to be quartered.
- The Turks fortified the city, building towers, gates, and defensive ramparts that give Podgorica the appearance of an oriental military city.
- This Iron Age hill fort has impressive triple defensive rampart and ditches on its south and west sides with a single bank and ditch on the north and east and an entrance.
- Schlieffen wrote that the Germans must " wait for the enemy to emerge from behind his defensive ramparts " and intended to defeat the French army by a counter-offensive, tested in the general staff ride west of 1901.