- This assumption in turn, informs defensive realism's assertion that the benefits of conquest rarely outweigh its negatives.
- In other words, defensive realism contends that security can be balanced in some cases and that the security dilemma is escapable.
- While this does not invalidate defensive realism's proposed ability to explain past state behaviour, it limits its application and influence.
- More specifically, Mearsheimer's theory goes a step further than structural defensive realism by successfully theorising both international politics and foreign policy.
- "' Charles L . Glaser "'is a scholar of international relations theory, known for his work on defensive realism.
- It's difficult to find defensive realism in a sentence. 用defensive realism造句挺難的
- States are inherently aggressive ( offensive realism ) and / or obsessed with security ( defensive realism ), and that territorial expansion is only constrained by opposing power ( s ).
- Realists also disagree about what kind of action states ought to take to navigate world politics, dividing between ( although most realists fall outside the two groups ) defensive realism and offensive realism.