- The type of food does not affect the exposure to etravirine.
- Etravirine and darunavir are notable for their high barriers to resistance development.
- The advance of etravirine over other NNRTIs is that multiple mutations are required for the development of drug resistance.
- Researchers at Janssens Foundation and Tibotec discovered the first drug in this class, etravirine, which was approved by the FDA in 2008.
- He is named as co-inventor of a novel series of anti-HIV compounds ( Diarylpyrimidines ) including dapivirine, etravirine and rilpivirine.
- It's difficult to find etravirine in a sentence. 用etravirine造句挺難的
- Etravirine is licensed in the United States, Canada, Israel, Russia, Australia and the European Union, and is under regulatory review in Switzerland.
- However, second generation NNRTIs like rilpivirine and etravirine are effective in treatment for HIV strains resistant to nevirapine and other first generation drugs in that same class.
- Like etravirine, a second-generation NNRTI approved in 2008, rilpivirine is a Atripla in patients with baseline HIV viral loads greater than 100, 000 copies / mm3.
- The recommended dose of etravirine is 200 mg ( 2 x 100 mg tablets, or 1 x 200 mg tablet as of 03 / 18 / 2011 ) taken twice daily following a meal.
- Key infectious diseases products include Incivio ( telaprevir ), a hepatitis C protease inhibitor; Intelence ( Etravirine ), a non-nucleoside HIV polymerase inhibitor; and Prezista ( darunavir ), an HIV protease inhibitor.
- Darunavir in combination with HIV polymerase inhibitors is recommended as a first line treatment option for treatment naive persons with HIV infection but etravirine is approved only for use in treatment-experienced patients, owing in part to its requirement for twice-daily dosing.