- Quilted garments known as gambesons were popular in the European Middle Ages.
- The soldiers all wield swords and spears, tunics ( no doubt shorter gambesons sandwiched in between ) and pointed shoes.
- By the 12th century, helmets and padded gambesons were very common, the Kettle hat type of helmet now being used alongside the earlier Nasal Helm and Spangenhelm types.
- Defensive armaments of the infantry consisted of shields ( wooden, round or oval, through light bucklers, up to heavy pavises ), quilted jackets and gambesons or brigandines.
- Some equipment, mainly for HEMA Longsword is designed in Australia, with synthetic swords and protective gauntlets made by WMA shop in Sydney, and Gambesons for Longsword designed in Melbourne by AESIR.
- It's difficult to find gambesons in a sentence. 用gambesons造句挺難的
- Although they are thought to have been used in Europe much earlier, gambesons underwent a revolution from their first proven use in the late 11th and early 12th centuries as an item of armour that simply facilitated the wearing of mail to an item of independent armour popular amongst infantry.