- As the announcer speaks, tanks on the ground burst into flames.
- A ground burst can produce possibly much more severe, local fallout.
- It had air burst, ground burst or laydown options.
- Targets could be selected for air or ground burst, but the selection was determined by Strategic Air Command.
- A ground burst of a nuclear weapon creates considerably more local deposited fallout than the air bursts used at Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
- It's difficult to find ground burst in a sentence. 用ground burst造句挺難的
- The crowd of 30, 00 at the Feroze Shah Kotla ground burst into appluase shouting " We won, we won !"
- Kansas City, Sedalia, Missouri, and all the way south to El Dorado Springs, Missouri are blanketed with ground burst nuclear weapons.
- The bomb fallout graph is for a ground burst of an plume separation of the isotopes occurred between the detonation and the deposit of radioactivity.
- In the above neutron activation is neglected, and only the fission product fraction of the total activity resulting from the ground burst is shown.
- Ground bursts would throw enormous amounts of radioactive dust into the air, causing fallout that would be almost as deadly as a direct attack.
- The initiation hight of such bombs ( limited by high the delivery aircraft could fly ) would probable get graded as a'ground burst '.
- Detonation of the Hound Dog's W28 warhead could be programmed to occur on impact ( Ground burst ) or air burst at a preset altitude.
- A relatively low yield may be able to produce seismic forces beyond those of an air burst or even ground burst of a weapon with twice its yield.
- The B61 can be set for airburst, ground burst, or laydown detonation, and can be released at speeds up to Mach 2 and altitudes as low as.
- An example is the higher-yield B61-11's role of attacking underground bunkers that need a ground burst to create a crater and destroy it through the shockwave.