- When I was reorganizing my library, I naturally put Surreal Numbers and Flatland together under Mathematical Fiction.
- ""'A Certain Ambiguity "': A Mathematical Novel " is a mathematical fiction by Indian authors Gaurav Suri and Hartosh Singh Bal.
- How far they had come from the day more than 60 years ago when neutrinos were invented as an accounting device, a mathematical fiction to make a set of equations fly.
- ""'The Wild Numbers " "'is a mathematical fiction in the form of a short novel by Philibert Schogt, a Dutch philosopher and mathematician.
- Kraus was also known for his criticism of the theory of relativity, which was according to him an accumulation of " absurdities " ( like the constancy of the speed of light ) and " mathematical fictions ".
- It's difficult to find mathematical fiction in a sentence. 用mathematical fiction造句挺難的
- Alex Kasman at " Mathematical Fiction " complained about errors in some of the author's descriptions of the mathematical problems, and in particular their unfair treatment of Wiles's proof of Fermat's Last Theorem.
- The answer is : the curved spacetime is the physically observable one in this theory ( as in all metric theories of gravitation ); the flat background is a mere mathematical fiction which is however of inestimable value for such purposes as writing down the general vacuum solution, or studying the weak field limit.
- When the fictitious em-fluid is destroyed or absorbed, its electromagnetic energy and mass is not carried away by moving matter, but is transferred into the non-electromagnetic fluid and remains at exactly the same place in that fluid . ( Poincar?added that one should not be too surprised by these assumptions, since they are only mathematical fictions . ) In this way, the motion of the COM-frame, incl . matter, fictitious em-fluid, and fictitious non-em-fluid, at least " theoretically " remains uniform.