- In the middlegame, White had the bishop pair while Black had a pawn center.
- How's their pawn center?
- Jennifer Shahade of New York allowed her pawn center to become overextended on the bottom board.
- White was always somewhat better with control of the e-file and a pawn center.
- This has occurred previously, but it is rare because the exchange of knights strengthens the black pawn center.
- It's difficult to find pawn center in a sentence. 用pawn center造句挺難的
- Vallejo had a strong pawn center, Leko's queen was offside and his king wasn't safe.
- The Catalan Opening is characterized by White forming a pawn center at d4 and c4 and fianchettoing his king's bishop.
- The Classical Variation of the King's Indian Defense, which arises after 5 Be2, creates a broad pawn center and straightforward development.
- Reshevsky, playing white, appears to have an advantage due to his strong pawn center, which may become mobile after Bf3 and d4 d5.
- It was not long before Kasparov made powerful use of his reinforced pawn center with 18 . . . e5 ! 19 de d5 ! 20 Be2 ( 20 Bd5?
- Anand's pawn center was strengthened by this transaction, but Kasparov had the satisfaction of getting rid of a bishop that could have played a crucial role in creating a mating attack.
- If Karpov had not played 13 . . . gf, Anand would have obtained a powerful pawn center; but after 13 Rf3 Anand had a clear target in the backward f7 pawn.
- Not all exchange variations are quiet; the Exchange Variation of the Grunfeld Defense is regarded as one of White's sharpest and most aggressive options, since it allows White to build up a massive pawn center, which Black will try to undermine.