- But " Rabbit Angstrom " is less casket than monument.
- Poor Rabbit Angstrom _ he's missing out.
- :3 months ago Rabbit Angstrom ran out to buy his wife cigarettes.
- But then whose haven't, unless you're Rabbit Angstrom or David Crosby?
- For instance, Updike guessed Rabbit Angstrom would have avidly followed the O . J . Simpson double-murder trial.
- It's difficult to find rabbit angstrom in a sentence. 用rabbit angstrom造句挺難的
- Despite ( and even with ) that ignominious lapse in a highway motel, he has made Rabbit Angstrom impossible to forget.
- "Let's just say Rabbit Angstrom in his dotage, " he said, comparing himself to the John Updike character.
- "Gertrude and Claudius, " and a tender requiem to Rabbit Angstrom in his collection " Licks of Love ."
- In his own workplace, Rabbit Angstrom's creator explains, he employs three different desks, depending on what kind of writing he has in mind.
- Updike is an acknowledged as major novelist, but subtract the Rabbit Angstrom series from his fiction inventory, and few among his 14 other novels rate as major.
- These early years in Berks County, Pennsylvania, would influence the environment of the Rabbit Angstrom tetralogy, as well as many of his early novels and short stories.
- Concurrent with Dos Passos'trilogy was another by James T . Farrell, concerning ( a ) Elmer Gantry; ( b ) Studs Lonigan; ( c ) Rabbit Angstrom.
- In the abstract, Lester Burnham's predicament looks a lot like Rabbit Angstrom's _ the lust, the restlessness, the atmosphere of casual adultery and sexual hypocrisy.
- The biggest problem of " Larry's Party " is that Larry often sounds uncannily like that most famous Everyman in recent fiction : John Updike's Rabbit Angstrom.
- "Rabbit, Run " featured Rabbit Angstrom, a former high school basketball star and middle-class paragon who would become Updike's most enduring and critically acclaimed character.