- Even between different mouse or rat strains there may be tenfold to thousandfold differences in acute toxicity.
- Examples include the BALB / c mouse and Wistar and Sprague Dawley rat strains, laboratory rabbits, guinea-pigs and ferrets.
- This is equivalent to a dose of 20 to 30 ?g / kg TCDD, a dose that would be lethal to guinea pigs and some rat strains.
- Rat strains are generally not transgenic, or genetically modified, because the gene knockout and embryonic stem cell techniques that work in mice are relatively difficult in rats.
- The oral LD50 for guinea pigs is as low as 0.5 to 2 ?g / Kg body weight, whereas the oral LD50 for hamsters can be as high as 1 to 5 mg / Kg body weight, a difference of as much as thousandfold or more, and even among rat strains there may be thousandfold differences.
- It's difficult to find rat strain in a sentence. 用rat strain造句挺難的
- In a related discovery, each animal host seems to have a host-specific strain of " L . reuteri ", e . g . a rat strain for rats, a pig strain for pigs, etc . The universality of " L . reuteri ", in conjunction with this evolved host-specificity, has led scientists to make inferences about its importance in promoting the health of the host organism.