- They create a strategy of leaving diagrams in the middle of public spaces for the Waitabits to interpret.
- To their consternation, they find that the Waitabits live on a timescale that is much slower than the human one.
- They take off and land several times, each time finding that the Waitabits are responding faster, thanks to messages from the other landing sites.
- Returning to the ship they find that the Waitabits are headed towards it, and will soon be so close the ship cannot blast off without killing many of them.
- It's difficult to find the waitabits in a sentence. 用the waitabits造句挺難的