- Many computers and other devices allow for underclocking.
- Manufacturers add underclocking options for many reasons.
- The heat produced by CPUs can be further reduced by undervolting, underclocking or both.
- It could be overheating, which some systems deal with by automatically underclocking, which would reduce performance.
- Underclocking can help with excessive heat buildup, because lower performance will not generate as much heat inside the device.
- It's difficult to find underclocking in a sentence. 用underclocking造句挺難的
- Laptop computers and other battery-operated devices often have underclocking settings, so that batteries can last longer without being charged.
- In addition to providing underclocking features, manufacturers can choose to limit the capability of a machine in order to make it more efficient.
- Underclocking is almost always involved in the latter stages of Undervolting which seeks to find the highest clock speed that a processor will stably operate at a given voltage.
- There are several different underclocking competitions similar in format to overclocking competitions, except the goal is to have the lowest clocked computer, as opposed to the highest.
- A given device may operate correctly at its stock speed even when undervolted, in which case underclocking would only be employed after further reductions in voltage finally destabilizes the part.
- Conversely, the primary goal of underclocking is to reduce power consumption and the resultant heat generation of a device, with the trade-offs being lower clock speeds and reductions in performance.
- Anyways, considering that the motherboard doesn't support underclocking, you're really going to find it difficult to find a way to accomplish it, if it's possible at all.
- However, it is important to note that the manufacturer-specified CAS latency typically assumes the specified clock rate, so underclocking a memory module may also allow for a lower CAS latency to be set.
- That is, while overclocking seeks to maximize clock speed with temperature and power as constraints, underclocking seeks to find the highest clock speed that a device can reliably operate at a fixed, arbitrary power limit.
- Underclocking and undervolting are usually attempted if a system needs to operate silently ( such as a multimedia player ), but higher performance is desired than is offered by a given processor manufacturer's low-voltage offerings.