- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Many of these are Hong Kong returnees; the so-called " astronauts " or " yacht people " who moved to Vancouver from Hong Kong in the 1980s and 90s, but later returned.
- "I believe we've done a great job with boat people, and I think that a few yacht people are not going to hurt America, " he told The New York Times in 1991.
- Unlike the impoverished Vietnamese boat people who risked their lives fleeing in shaky vessels after the war, the orderly exodus from Hong Kong included many entrepreneurs and professionals, hence the nickname " yacht people ".
- As mainland China poised to take control of Hong Kong in the early 1990s, a wave of affluent Hong Kong refugees, known locally as " yacht people, " came with hefty handbags and a zest for shopping.
- Fond of flaunting their wealth, the Hong Kong yacht people became a highly visible minority _ and sometimes an irritant _ in places where they flocked to, such as Vancouver which earned the derisive nickname " Hongcouver ".