音標：[ 'ɔliv ] 發音:
- The olive branch is an emblem of peace .
- Sally drives fast , but olive drives even faster .
- The olive is spoken of as the ruination of martini .
- Olive felt shaky .
- Her olive skin suggested, indeed, the south with its burning passion .
- After the first flood, we planted 300 olive and almond trees behind each dam .
- He had a broad greek nose and olive black eyes that blazed with intelligence .
- His features are strong and masculine, with an austrian lip and arched nose, his complexion olive .
- For the next eight or ten months, olive was the victim of a systematic course of treachery and deception .
- You have got to put in a spoonful of liquor , some vinegar and olive oil - but that comes ten minutes later .
- a yellow-green color of low brightness and saturation
- one-seeded fruit of the European olive tree usually pickled and used as a relish
- hard yellow often variegated wood of an olive tree; used in cabinetwork
- evergreen tree cultivated in the Mediterranean region since antiquity and now elsewhere; has edible shiny black fruits
同義詞：European olive tree, Olea europaea,
- small ovoid fruit of the European olive tree; important food and source of oil
- of a yellow-green color similar to that of an unripe olive
- oliveとは意味：olive branch n. (平和 和解の象徴としての)オリーブの枝; 和解の申し入れ.【動詞＋】◆I hope the Opposition will accept this olive branch. 野黨がこの和解の申し入れを受け入れることを望む◆The Government has at last extended an olive branch and set a date for ...