音標：[ 'kwɔ:tə ] 讀音:
過去式:quartered 完成式:quartered 名詞複數:quarters 進行式:quartering
- The rent is due at the end of each quarter .
- In 1832, supply was taken for five quarters .
- Three quarters of the record consists of music .
- I had the news from a good quarter .
- It replaces the former quarter sessions .
- Laws don't all come from the same quarter .
- Her travels had taken her to every quarter of the globe .
- Our coaches are going to beef up the quarter backs .
- Tito was making his way rapidly in high quarters .
- They found quarters in a village .
- clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent; "he surrendered but asked for quarter"
- piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- the rear part of a ship
同義詞：stern, after part, poop, tail,
- a district of a city having some distinguishing character; "the Latin Quarter"
- an unspecified person; "he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar; "he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- one of four equal parts; "a quarter of a pound"
同義詞：one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, fourth part, twenty-five percent, quartern,
- one of the four major division of the compass; "the wind is coming from that quarter"
- a fourth part of a year; three months; "unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- one of four periods into which the school year is divided; "the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour; "it''s a quarter til 4"; "a quarter after 4 o''clock"
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided; "both teams scored in the first quarter"
- divide by four; divide into quarters
- divide into quarters; "quarter an apple"
- pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
同義詞：draw, draw and quarter,
- provide housing for (military personnel)
quartered 中文, quarter day 中文, winter quarters 中文, quarter bell 中文, quarter section 中文, quarter boards 中文, quarter tone 中文, quarter line 中文, latin quarter 中文, quartel geral 中文, quartelli 中文, quarten 中文, quartenary structure 中文, quartenoud 中文, quarter (united states coin) 中文, quarter a sample 中文, quarter accommodation quarters 中文, quarter allowance 中文,