音標：[ ru:f ] 發音:
過去式:roofed 完成式:roofed 名詞複數:roofs 進行式:roofing
- The timber carries the whole weight of the roof .
- The roof collapsed under the weight of the snow .
- Feliks was kneeling on the peak of the roof .
- Hailstones were rattling on the roofs .
- The roof needs attention , i.e. to be repaired .
- She hauled herself on to the roof with ease .
- The slopes of the roofs are shown in the figure .
- The stone made a dent in the roof of my car .
- The walls of the house held up the roof .
- A helicopter skimmed down between the roofs .
- a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
- protective covering on top of a motor vehicle
- an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- the inner top surface of a covered area or hollow space; "the roof of the cave was very high"; "I could see the roof of the bear''s mouth"
- provide a building with a roof; cover a building with a roof
- roofとは意味：１roof n. 屋根; 頂部.【動詞＋】◆The wind blew the roof off. 風が屋根を吹きとばした◆The thunderous applause threatened to bring the roof down. 《口語》 嵐のようなかっさいに屋根が落ちるのではないかと思われた◆have no roof over one's head 住む家がない◆hit the ro...