- She gave a flat refusal .
- He landed on a flat rock that jutted above the surface of the water .
- The mixture is subsequently passed through a flat membrane filter .
- They want a house , whereas we would rather live in a flat .
- They have a flat in town as well as a place in the country .
- If they ever send it in a flat state, complain to the governor .
- We had to find a flat in a hurry -- there was no time to pick and choose .
- A few mortar shells were landing somewhere with a flat thudding sound .
- Medeline had come to despise the two girls with whom she had shared a flat .
- On the other hand, the moment was well chosen for avoiding a flat rejection .