- Every tournament can be transformed into a diconnected tournament by the reorientation of just one arc .
- A satisfactory approximation to monochromatic light can be obtained with a filter placed in front of the arc .
- Elsewhere, two plates may shift toward each other and converge along a deepsea trench and island arc .
- His black open palm swept upward in a swift narrow arc and smacked solidly against her face .
- It is this release of energy that maintains the arc often seen when a switch is opened in an inductive circuit .
- They would shout at the pretty rainbows that would arc down to the earth, seeming never very far away .
- Everyone will please step aside so we can describe an arc around the lady and see that no pearls are over-looked .
- He put the tip of the blade into gus's shirt and then made an arc with his arm, as though cutting a circle .
- The etched section also reveals that multiple weld passes were made over the top of the original submerged arc weld pass .
- He found franklin, for instance, trimming arc lamps in an ipswich factory for a few shilling a week .