- The middle east was explosive, but in the aftermath of 1967 war no diplomacy was in train .
- If we refused aid, israel would have no incentive to heed our views in the postwar diplomacy .
- Wilson had championed a diplomacy that sought the good of mankind above the selfish interests of the united states .
- Events of the past week had also demonstrated how precarious was the base from which our diplomacy was operating .
- Now suddenly many factors in international relations seemed amenable to creative diplomacy at the same time .
- The soviets had already mellowed and it was left to diplomacy only to sweep up the cobwebs left over from the cold war .
- He seemed incapable of understanding that intelligence, to be effective, has to be built into diplomacy from the start .
- A nation that cannot be trusted to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive exchanges loses the ability to conduct diplomacy .
- The soviets had already mellowed and it was left to diplomacy only to sweep up the cobwebs left over from an already transcended cold war .
- We required maneuvering room for our diplomacy and to give hope to our people after a formented decade at home and abroad .