- She went out through the kitchen, stepped off the porch, and stood facing the east, shading her eyes .
- He stood there facing the others with an inexpressibly winning smile upon his comely face .
- But one hundred years later, we must face the tragic fact that the negro is still not free .
- He faced the enemy valiantly , shuned no difficulties and dangers and would not hesitate to lay down his life if need be .
- Out of antonia's face the timid, doubting friendliness had fled, and was replaced by enmity .
- After pearl harbor we had to face the united states of america as a full and angry belligerent .
- Our moral convictions must arm us to face the ambiguity inseparable from the long haul .
- Aware that she was reaching rugged ground, celia faced the audience squarely and chose words with care .
- The problem facing the new republic was to find a suitable substitute for a king whose rule is handed down by his family .
- I had money to face the first necessities, he said, swiftly turning over a collection of smeared papers with his yellow fingers .