- The ground beneath her shifted slightly. she scrambled back, afraid it would give way and throw her down the cliff .
- The woman sank back to a sitting posture on the floor, and, covering her eyes with her hands, gave way to heart-broken sobs and wailings .
- At this moment, the sudden flush of strength which the joy of meeting his young master called forth in the dying man gave way .
- Now, just as he had fought his way to the top, his hold had given way and he was pitching down head-long into darkness .
- What a relief it was when the boulders suddenly disappeared , giving way to a stretch of plain where the only obstacles were clumps of bushes !
- And it is necessary to recall how we saw the atlantic relationship, its disquiets and disunions, as philosophy gave way to politics .
- Give way to pedestrians at pedestrian crossings
- . . . giving way to the entrance hall , all glass brick
- But notwithstanding this , she was giving way herself
- Transport department - stop and give way junctions