- The railroad decided one day that mill greek would be a good place to keep water for its hot, thirsty engines .
- The method of inland transportation, such as trucks, railroad cars, lighters, barges, or aircraft should be specified .
- In none of these cases did the supreme court deny the right of the states to regulate railroads and other corporations .
- As morgan combined more and more industries and railroads after 1901 his power grew almost by geometric ratio .
- Though they didn't mean it by a long chalk, the railroad people did me a good turn when they gave me my time .
- He next opened fire on railroads and utilities, which owned extensive property in cleveland but paid hardly any taxes .
- The corrupting agency was the lobby at the state capital, representing important railroad and business interests .
- The rebating evil, they warned, had grown to such monstrous proportions that it threatened to bankrupt the railroads .
- Agitation for effective public control of railroad rates and services antedated the progressive movement by several decades .
- When the railroad lands about bonneville had been thrown open, there had been almost a rush in the matter of settlement .