- Below we give two theorems covering these cases .
- Let us restate the assertions above as a theorem .
- The second theorem disposes of the other two problems .
- These results parallel archimedes' geometric theorems .
- Rolle's theorem is a special case of the mean value theorem .
- We now state the idea of the previous paragraph as a theorem .
- In his book he gave definitions and theorems but no proofs .
- This is a simple example of the equipartition theorem at work .
- There are a number of alternative formulations of the reciprocity theorem .
- Another major class of theorems deals with less stringent conditions .