音標：[ si:t ] 發音:
過去式:seated 完成式:seated 名詞複數:seats 進行式:seating
- The honoured guests took their seats in due order .
- Their seat of reason is not a concrete .
- Bob nabbed a good seat in the theatre .
- I took a seat at the end of the hearthstone .
- She won the seat by a margin of ten votes .
- She dropped down on the window seat .
- The usherette showed us to our seats .
- They seated themselves on two stumps .
- It's lucky for us we have reserved seats .
- Seated beside him , i bore the ordeal for two hours .
- any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit); "he dusted off the seat before sitting down"
- furniture that is designed for sitting on; "there were not enough seats for all the guests"
- the cloth covering for the buttocks; "the seat of his pants was worn through"
- a part of a machine that supports or guides another part
- the legal right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body; "he was elected to a seat in the Senate"
- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
同義詞：buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass,
- the location (metaphorically speaking) where something is based; "the brain is said to be the seat of reason"
- a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane); "he booked their seats in advance"; "he sat in someone else''s place"
- a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised)
- show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
同義詞：sit, sit down,
- place in or on a seat; "the mother seated the toddler on the high chair"
- place or attach firmly in or on a base; "seat the camera on the tripod"
- provide with seats; "seat a concert hall"
- put a seat on a chair
- place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position; "there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
- be able to seat; "The theater seats 2,000"
- seatとは意味：１seat n. 座席; 地位; 議席; (いすなどの)座部; (衣服 ズボンなどの)尻(當て); 尻; (機械などの)臺座; (體の機能 病気の)所在地; (馬の)乗り方; 場所; 邸宅.【動詞＋】◆Seats are assigned on a basis of first come first served. (劇場などの)席は申し込み順に割り當てられる◆book a seat at a t...