音標：[ si: ] 讀音:
過去式:saw 完成式:seen 進行式:seeing
- She has determined to see the job through .
- We are going to town to see the illuminations .
- Five miles on he saw the airfield .
- She can not see to read without her glasses .
- I have seen him but never spoken to him .
- So we'll be seeing a good deal of you .
- A man whose like we shall not see again
- The teeth of the saw were clogged with saw dust .
- When are you coming over to see us again ？
- The individual septum can no longer be seen .
- the seat within a bishop''s diocese where his cathedral is located
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can''t see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don''t understand the idea"
同義詞：understand, realize, realise,
- get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
同義詞：learn, hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover,
- make sense of; assign a meaning to; "What message do you see in this letter?"; "How do you interpret his behavior?"
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
同義詞：check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure,
- deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don''t see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
同義詞：consider, reckon, view, regard,
- deliberate or decide; "See whether you can come tomorrow"; "let''s see--which movie should we see tonight?"
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
同義詞：determine, check, find out, ascertain, watch, learn,
- match or meet; "I saw the bet of one of my fellow players"
- receive as a specified guest; "the doctor will see you now"; "The minister doesn''t see anybody before noon"
- imagine; conceive of; see in one''s mind; "I can''t see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
同義詞：visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, figure, picture, image,
- come together; "I''ll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
同義詞：meet, run into, encounter, run across, come across,
- accompany or escort; "I''ll see you to the door"
- go or live through; "We had many trials to go through"; "he saw action in Viet Nam"
同義詞：experience, go through,
- perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "You''ll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "The 1960''s saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see results"
- perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; "You have to be a good observer to see all the details"; "Can you see the bird in that tree?"; "He is blind--he cannot see"
- see and understand, have a good eye; "The artist must first learn to see"
- observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
- see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
同義詞：watch, view, catch, take in,
- observe as if with an eye; "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
- date regularly; have a steady relationship with; "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?"; "He is dating his former wife again!"
同義詞：go steady, go out, date,
- go to see for professional or business reasons; "You should see a lawyer"; "We had to see a psychiatrist"
- go to see for a social visit; "I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
- go to see a place, as for entertainment; "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
- take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
同義詞：attend, take care, look,