音標：[ ʃel ] 讀音:
過去式:shelled 完成式:shelled 名詞複數:shells 進行式:shelling
- A shell splinter embedded itself in the wall .
- Sweep the melon-seed shells into a dustpan .
- Now on the platform stood this shell of straw .
- A turtle obtrudes its head from its shell .
- Nuclear deformations confirm shell structure .
- The children gathered shells on the beach .
- The shell had landed a decent distance away .
- This kind of beetles have hard shell .
- Music drew the shy girl out of her shell .
- This organization is but a empty shell .
- hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
同義詞：carapace, cuticle, shield,
- the hard largely calcareous covering of a mollusc or a brachiopod
- a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun
- the housing or outer covering of something; "the clock has a walnut case"
- a very light narrow racing boat
- a rigid covering that envelops an object; "the satellite is covered with a smooth shell of ice"
- the exterior covering of a bird''s egg
- the hard usually fibrous outer layer of some fruits especially nuts
- the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals
- remove the husks from; "husk corn"
- remove from its shell or outer covering; "shell the legumes"; "shell mussels"
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
同義詞：beat, beat out, crush, trounce, vanquish,
- use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
- look for and collect shells by the seashore
- hit the pitches of hard and regularly; "He shelled the pitcher for eight runs in the first inning"
- fall out of the pod or husk; "The corn shelled"
- create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
sheller 中文, shelling 中文, shelled 中文, shell bark 中文, pearl shell 中文, shell structure 中文, trumpet shell 中文, cocoon shells 中文, smoke shell 中文, shelja 中文, shelkov 中文, shelkovnikov 中文, shelkovskaya 中文, shelkoyan 中文, shell (surface) temperature 中文, shell (wire shell) 中文, shell account 中文, shell adhesive 中文,