音標：[ spɔt ] 讀音:
過去式:spotted 完成式:spotted 名詞複數:spots 進行式:spotting
- We 've spotted the enemy battery position .
- Lookouts were spotted all along the coast .
- We spent the whole morning spotting .
- This kind of cloth tends to spot in the rain .
- I was fearful of not killing him on the spot .
- Our question certainly put him on the spot .
- I hope the boss doesn't put me on the spot .
- Let us take them in on the high spots .
- Can you spot the flaw in their argument ?
- I have always had a real soft spot for him .
- an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
同義詞：blot, smear, smirch, stain,
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
同義詞：position, post, berth, office, billet, place, situation,
- a business establishment for entertainment; "night spot"
- a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value; "an eight-spot"
- a lamp that produces a strong beam of light to illuminate a restricted area; used to focus attention of a stage performer
- a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopard''s spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
同義詞：speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation,
- a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
同義詞：smudge, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur,
- an outstanding characteristic; "his acting was one of the high points of the movie"
- a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance; "they changed his spot on the program"
- a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
- a mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit)
- a point located with respect to surface features of some region; "this is a nice place for a picnic"; "a bright spot on a planet"
同義詞：topographic point, place,
- a small piece or quantity of something; "a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind"
- a slight attack of illness; "he has a touch of rheumatism"
- mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition; "spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
- become spotted; "This dress spots quickly"
- make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth"
同義詞：fleck, blob, blot,
- mar or impair with a flaw; "her face was blemished"
- catch sight of
同義詞：descry, espy, spy,
- detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can''t make out the faces in this photograph"
同義詞：recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart,