音標：[ stə:n ] 發音:用"stern"造句"stern"怎麼讀"stern"的同義詞"stern" meaning
- The water pulled the ship down by the stern .
- The school is very stern in its discipline .
- Our teacher is stern to the students .
- The liner has been refitted from stem to stern .
- We watched the stern of the steamer disappear .
- All bring gifts for the stern god .
- Haldeman was made of sterner stuff .
- His face was stern and much flushed .
- The skiff was dancing at the stern .
- It was no idle warning but a stern threat .
- the rear part of a ship
同義詞：after part, quarter, poop, tail,
- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
同義詞：buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass,
- severe and unremitting in making demands; "an exacting instructor"; "a stern disciplinarian"; "strict standards"
- of a stern or strict bearing or demeanor; forbidding in aspect; "an austere expression"; "a stern face"
- not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty; "grim determination"; "grim necessity"; "Russia''s final hour, it seemed, approached with inexorable certainty"; "relentless persecution"; "the stern demands of parenthood"
同義詞：grim, inexorable, relentless, unappeasable, unforgiving, unrelenting,
- severely simple; "a stark interior"
同義詞：austere, severe, stark,
- sternとは意味：１stern n. 〔海事〕 船尾.【前置詞＋】◆stand at the stern of a boat 船の船尾に立つ◆I keep it in the stern of the boat. それを船尾に置く◆from stem to stern 至る所, くまなく. ２stern adj. 厳しい.【＋前置詞】◆be very stern in manner 行儀作法がすこぶる厳しい◆be ...