音標：[ 'sʌli ] 讀音:
過去式:sullied 完成式:sullied 名詞複數:sullies 進行式:sullying
- The immaculate is easily sullied .
- One thing i can comprehend: you intimated that to have a sullied memory was a perpetual bane .
- In gardner's mind, venona was almost an art form, and he did not want it sullied by crude mccarthyism .
- He left the valleys of coal and went to the coast, to sully ranny bay and lavernock, where the rich tourists flocked .
- 1901 sully - prudhomme france 1902 theodor mommsen germany
- His reputation is sully by many crimes
- We ain ' t supposed to sully the merchandise
- We have no sully available for export
- Her reputation is sullied by crimes
- Socially ? - i didn ' t want to sully
- charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
同義詞：defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, besmirch,
- make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
同義詞：tarnish, stain, maculate, defile,
- place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone''s reputation"
同義詞：defile, corrupt, taint, cloud,