音標：[ 'teipə ] 讀音:
過去式:tapered 完成式:tapered 名詞複數:tapers 進行式:tapering
- Pulmonary arteries taper towards periphery .
- I want to buy trousers with a slight taper .
- The main stem of a tree is a tapering geometric solid .
- His hands were on the large side, with long, tapering fingers .
- All the larvae are straight, with a slight taper towards the rear .
- Financial aid generally tapers off after the first year of college .
- It consists of a vertical, tapered glass tube containing a movable weight .
- He glanced at his own white taper fingers, shuddering slightly in spite of himself .
- A drop of water was cut in half by a plane passing through its bulbous front and tapered tail .
- With proper use of baffles or in tapered vessels, this undesirable behavior can be reduced .
- stick of wax with a wick in the middle
同義詞：candle, wax light,
- a loosely woven cord (in a candle or oil lamp) that draws fuel by capillary action up into the flame
- the property possessed by a shape that narrows toward a point (as a wedge or cone)
- a convex shape that narrows toward a point
- diminish gradually; "Interested tapered off"
- give a point to; "The candles are tapered"