音標：[ 'ʌgli ] 發音：
- Life had sad, even ugly facts .
- " but you are still ugly , " sally said ..
- "ah!" he said with an ugly smile .
- You mean that old shack? how ugly !
- Do you know how an ugly woman feels ?
- He laughed a little short ugly laugh .
- She discredited him with ugly gossip .
- His ugly nails were polished .
- It is one of the ugliest faces i have ever seen .
- It's a brown wet ugly fall .
- displeasing to the senses; "an ugly face"; "ugly furniture"
- provoking horror; "an atrocious automobile accident"; "a frightful crime of decapitation"; "an alarming, even horrifying, picture"; "war is beyond all words horrible"- Winston Churchill; "an ugly wound"
同義詞：atrocious, frightful, horrifying, horrible,
- morally reprehensible; "would do something as despicable as murder"; "ugly crimes"; "the vile development of slavery appalled them"; "a slimy little liar"
同義詞：despicable, vile, slimy, unworthy, worthless, wretched,
- inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace; "a surly waiter"; "an ugly frame of mind"