- The increase in volume during elongation is accompanied by a vacuolation of the cell .
- By this stage the host cell shows characteristic vacuolation and other cytopathic effects .
- The vacuolations of plasma appear to expand over neurons . the " dark neuron " could be seen from 3h post - injury . a lot of capsule and high density substances were manifested in neurons by 7 days after impact
- The histologic lesions were characterized by the remarkable atrophy of intestinal villi , basal vacuolation of enterocytes , increment of the crypt and the villus - to - crypt ratio had significantly decrease . compared with that of noninoculated control chicks . besides . intestinal villi become thin and flat . or cubic , also accompanied with necrosis . many villous enterocytes were detached from the lamina propria and the lamina propria contained a diffuse infiltrate of lymphocytes , plasma cells , macrophages . the characteristic ultrastructural changes observed by electronmicroscope were swelled mitochondria and dilated endo - plasticreticulum . ribosome on the surface of endo - plasticreticulum fall off and the number of ribosome within the cell decrease
- These cells displayed metabolic disturbance , such as rough cytoplasmic granules , many vacuolation . nearly all cells in the common medium showed cytoretraction and pyknotic nuclei , and were detached from the plate after 5 - 7 days of culture . while most hepatocytes in special medium showed well condition