- The vanes are made of structural angle iron .
- Sibyl vane tossed her head and laughed .
- This device operates similarly to the vane pump .
- Explain why the vanes rotate when they are illuminated .
- Do the vanes in the figure rotate clockwise or counterclockwise ?
- Straightening vanes can be used where long straight ways are not possible .
- Straightening vanes are effective in reducing the upstream pipe-length requirement .
- Erosive action is achieved at each contraction where a pair of opposing vanes are installed .
- The two vanes are at right angles in plan, and each is either all shaded or all in sunlight .
- It was the vane on the roof turning round and this change in the wind was the signal for a disastrous rain .
- the flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
- flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- a fin attached to the tail of an arrow, bomb or missile in order to stabilize or guide it
- mechanical device attached to an elevated structure; rotates freely to show the direction of the wind
同義詞：weathervane, weather vane, wind vane,