- It is charged with the personal heraldic badge or some other armorial ensign of the owner.
- The obverse of the coins issued since 1972 carry the Armorial Ensign of the Republic of Sri Lanka.
- The Royal Warrant assigning Armorial Ensigns for the Cayman Islands was approved by Her Majesty s command on 14 May 1958.
- In 1963, a new coinage was introduced which omitted the British monarch's portrait, depicting instead The Armorial ensign of Ceylon.
- A Royal Warrant granting armorial ensigns and supports was issued on 26 August 1911 and published in the New Zealand Gazette of 11 January 1912.
- He was elected a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London in 1789; and in 1793 he published " Inquiries into the Origin and Progress of the Science of Heraldry in England, with Explanatory Observations on Armorial Ensigns ".
- Even on the home front, the coat of arms of Malaysia ( national crest ) consists of two tigers rampant on either side of the shield, retained from the earlier armorial ensign of the Federation of Malaya ( and before that of the Federated Malay States ).
- In his 1847 book " A History of the Conquest of Peru ", " William H . Prescott . . . says that in the Inca army each company had its particular banner and that the imperial standard, high above all, displayed the glittering device of the rainbow, the armorial ensign of the Incas . " A 1917 world flags book says the Inca " heir-apparent . . . was entitled to display the royal standard of the rainbow in his military campaigns ."