- Next, the carbanion resulting from the benzylic hydrogen extraction performs a nucleophilic attack on the electrophilic carbonyl carbon of the amide group.
- Even an alkyl group ( with a benzylic hydrogen ) on an aromatic ring is oxidized, e . g . toluene to benzoic acid.
- "' Heteroatom-promoted lateral lithiation "'is the site-selective replacement of a benzylic hydrogen atom for lithium for the purpose of further functionalization.
- Benzofuranone is another most effective antioxidant, which terminates the chain reaction by donating weakly bonded benzylic hydrogen atom and gets reduced to a stable benzofuranyl ( lactone ) [ 1 ].
- The reaction begins with the extraction of a hydrogen from the nitrogen of the amide substituent and the extraction of a benzylic hydrogen from the substituent ortho to the amide substituent by a strong base.
- Although virtually all types of organic materials can undergo air oxidation, certain types are particularly prone to autoxidation, including unsaturated compounds that have allylic or benzylic hydrogen atoms; these materials are converted to hydroperoxides by autoxidation.
- This cumene radical then bonds with an oxygen molecule to give cumene peroxide radical, which in turn forms cumene hydroperoxide ( C 6 H 5 C ( CH 3 ) 2-O-O-H ) by abstracting benzylic hydrogen from another cumene molecule.
- It's difficult to find benzylic hydrogens in a sentence. 用benzylic hydrogens造句挺難的