- Other special golfing events were held over the years such as the Claret Cup and the Bundy Cup.
- Below the larger plants, they covered ground with native sedum, portulaca, hens and chickens, candelia, ceniza and sundry smaller cactuses, including strawberry pitaya, claret cup and rainbow.
- Farther back, lined up on a low wooden shelf along the fence, are native Texas varieties including horse crippler, pin cushion, rainbow claret cup, eagle claw, strawberry pitaya and fish hook cactuses.
- From it he bred'Ngarla,'released in 1955;'Gay Vista, " Honeyflow'and'Esmeralda,'all released in 1957;'Carmel Bice and Elaine White in 1959, both now lost;'Carabella'( or'Cara Bella') in 1960;'Claret Cup'in 1962 .'Carabella'in particular grows easily from cuttings and is always in flower.
- 'Kwinana'may have been a gift to a South Australian service club, but its colour alludes to the burn-off flames of the Kwinana oil refinery .'Claret Cup'has masses of cup-shaped flowers, claret coloured .'Galah'was the same pink as the breast feathers of a galah .'Spring Song'was the Mendelssohn " Song Without Words " familiar to a hundred years of piano students.
- It's difficult to find claret cup in a sentence. 用claret cup造句挺難的