- The storm gave way to bright sunshine .
- We must not give way to their demands .
- Give way to traffic coming from the right .
- However her pity might give way for moments .
- The gloom he was feeling gave way to frolic .
- He gave way to fantasies of a passionate reunion .
- The bridge gave way under the weight of the lorry .
- She wavered, quailed, gave way .
- On this point we should never have given way .
- Tension gave way to laughter .
- It's difficult to see give way in a sentence. 用give way造句挺難的
- Her legs suddenly gave way and she fell to the floor .
- Only once did the faithful wife give way to emotion .
- She gave way to tears .
- The clerk lifted the final bag for her, its bottom gave way .
- The dam gave way .
- They gave way to gloomy thoughts over their injustices .
- In attempting to fasten a nail to one of the old walls, it gave way .
- Soon his passion sank down to grief, and grief gave way to melancholy .
- These unwarlike auxiliaries gave way like cheese to a knife .
- The brown of her complexion gave way on the cheek to a perceptible flush .