- However, signals with frequencies below 30 MHz are reflected by an ionized layer in the Earth's atmosphere called the ionosphere.
- After a few years as forecasting meteorologist he turned to the theory of ionized layers in the terrestrial atmosphere ( fundamental book 1945 ).
- In shortwave radio communication, a major mode of long distance propagation is for the radio waves to reflect off the ionized layers of the atmosphere and return diagonally back to Earth.
- Heaviside advanced the idea that the Earth's uppermost atmosphere contained an ionized layer known as the ionosphere; in this regard, he predicted the existence of what later was dubbed the Kennelly Heaviside layer.
- :The detonation spread a layer of fission debris in the upper atmosphere and destroyed the ability of the normally ionized layers of the upper atmosphere to bend radio waves back to the Earth, thus cutting many trans-Pacific high-frequency communications circuits.
- :The most popular current theory is that the radio signals are trapped between two ionized layers in the atmosphere and then are guided around the world many times over until they fall out of a gap in the bottom layer . ( Ducting propagation between air layers in the lower atmosphere is a well-understood phenonemon.
- It's difficult to find ionized layers in a sentence. 用ionized layers造句挺難的