- Why , this count of monte cristo must be a nabob ?
- " why , he must be a nabob
- " i am very sure no nabob would have sent me a pair of horses worth 32 , 000 francs , wearing on their heads four diamonds valued at 5 , 000 francs each .
- So extreme was the surprise of the sailor , that he was unable even to thank edmond , whose receding figure he continued to gaze after in speechless astonishment . " some nabob from india , " was his comment
最后，他深深地吸了一口氣，再看一看他手中的金幣，回到了碼頭上，自言自語的說： “這是印度來的一個大富翁。 ”
- He had the whitest shirt on you ever see , too , and the shiniest hat ; and there ain t a man in that town that s got as fine clothes as what he had ; and he had a gold watch and chain , and a silver - headed cane - the awfulest old gray - headed nabob in the state
- My father , who never goes out , has several times been on the point of refusing this invitation ; madame de villefort , on the contrary , is burning with the desire of seeing this extraordinary nabob in his own house , therefore , she has with great difficulty prevailed on my father to accompany her
- " in two hours time , " said he , " these persons will depart richer by fifty piastres each , to go and risk their lives again by endeavoring to gain fifty more ; then they will return with a fortune of six hundred francs , and waste this treasure in some city with the pride of sultans and the insolence of nabobs
“兩小時之后， ”他說， “這些人就會每人分得五十個畢阿士特然后重新出發，冒著生命危險，再去掙上五十個畢阿士特。他們會帶著一筆六百里弗的財富回家，然后帶著象蘇丹那樣的驕傲，象印度富豪那樣不可一世的神氣，把這筆財富在某個城市里花得干干凈凈。
- Then he had been seized upon by danglars , who , with a rapid glance at the stiff - necked old major and his modest son , and taking into consideration the hospitality of the count , made up his mind that he was in the society of some nabob come to paris to finish the worldly education of his heir
- " let me assure you , madame , " said lucien , " that had i really the sum you mention at my disposal , i would employ it more profitably than in troubling myself to obtain particulars respecting the count of monte cristo , whose only merit in my eyes consists in his being twice as rich as a nabob
“我向您發誓，夫人， ”呂西安說道， “假如我真的有您所說的那筆款子可以動用的話，我也會把它用到較有益的地方，而不會自找麻煩地打聽基督山伯爵的種種細節的。在我的眼里，他唯一的長處就是他比一個印度王公還要富有一倍而已。
- It's difficult to find nabob in a sentence. 用nabob造句挺難的