- Since 2004, the next two finishers Nadzeya Astapchuk and Natallia Kharaneka have both been banned for doping offenses.
- Nadzeya Astapchuk was stripped of the women's shot put title after her sample came back positive for the banned anabolic agent metenolone.
- Previous world leader Nadzeya Astapchuk came through in the fifth round with a 20.05 put, to edge past Jillian Camarena-Williams.
- Nadzeya Astapchuk had originally won the silver medal but later tested for doping and all her results between 13 August 2005 and 12 August 2007 were annulled.
- There were two main contenders for the gold medal : New Zealander Valerie Vili ( who returned to using her maiden name of Adams following her 2010 divorce ) and Nadzeya Astapchuk of Belarus.
- Nadzeya Astapchuk also had a duel against Anca Heltne in the women's shot put in spite of being in comparatively poor form Astapchuk still managed to win by a margin of four centimetres.
- On 13 August 2012, the International Olympic Committee stripped shot putter Nadzeya Astapchuk of her gold medal after testing positive for the anabolic steroid metenolone, and the gold medal was subsequently awarded to silver medalist Valerie Adams from New Zealand.
- It's difficult to find nadzeya astapchuk in a sentence. 用nadzeya astapchuk造句挺難的