- Recic is one of two doctors in Mostar.
- Recic said both he and Toporan will return to Bosnia as soon as possible.
- Recic said Toporan's father brought the boy to him about eight months ago.
- Recic said Serb forces have been shelling the town from the overlooking mountains, making it impossible for children to play outside.
- "We don't know whether he'll need surgery, but he's scheduled for an evaluation at Massachusetts General Hospital, " said Dr . Edward Yourtee, a co-founder of Nobody's Children, the New Hampshire-based relief organization that helped Toporan and his doctor, Hasim Recic, leave Mostar.