音標：[ sə'pɔ:t ] 讀音:
過去式:supported 完成式:supported 名詞複數:supports 進行式:supporting
- Margaret needed support more than ever .
- We give support to all just causes .
- He has the support and approval of the public .
- Will you support me in my campaign for election ?
- I can support such insolence no longer .
- His parents supported him as far as they could .
- Find the load carried by each of the supports .
- The computer might not support online working .
- Please accept our fraternal support .
- Please come and support me . do not let me down .
- documentary validation; "his documentation of the results was excellent"; "the strongest support for this view is the work of Jones"
- a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission; "they called for artillery support"
- the act of bearing the weight of or strengthening; "he leaned against the wall for support"
- aiding the cause or policy or interests of; "the president no longer has the support of his own party"; "they developed a scheme of mutual support"
- the activity of providing for or maintaining by supplying with money or necessities; "his support kept the family together"; "they gave him emotional support during difficult times"
- any device that bears the weight of another thing; "there was no place to attach supports for a shelf"
- supporting structure that holds up or provides a foundation; "the statue stood on a marble support"
- something providing immaterial assistance to a person or cause or interest; "the policy found little public support"; "his faith was all the support he needed"; "the team enjoyed the support of their fans"
- a musical part (vocal or instrumental) that supports or provides background for other musical parts
同義詞：accompaniment, musical accompaniment, backup,
- the financial means whereby one lives; "each child was expected to pay for their keep"; "he applied to the state for support"; "he could no longer earn his own livelihood"
同義詞：keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance,
- financial resources provided to make some project possible; "the foundation provided support for the experiment"
同義詞：financial support, funding, backing, financial backing,
- establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
同義詞：confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, affirm,
- put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
同義詞：digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, brook, abide, suffer, put up,
- adopt as a belief; "I subscribe to your view on abortion"
- argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike"
同義詞：defend, fend for,
- be a regular customer or client of; "We patronize this store"; "Our sponsor kept our art studio going for as long as he could"
同義詞：patronize, patronise, patronage, keep going,
- be the physical support of; carry the weight of; "The beam holds up the roof"; "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"; "What''s holding that mirror?"
同義詞：hold, sustain, hold up,
- play a subordinate role to (another performer); "Olivier supported Gielgud beautifully in the second act"
- support materially or financially; "he does not support his natural children"; "The scholarship supported me when I was in college"
- be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
同義詞：back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for,
- give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to; "She supported him during the illness"; "Her children always backed her up"
- support with evidence or authority or make more certain or confirm; "The stories and claims were born out by the evidence"
同義詞：corroborate, underpin, bear out,
- supportとは意味：１support n. 支持; 援助; 生活費; 支えとなるもの, 支持者.【動詞＋】◆accept support from… …から援助を受け入れる◆We can afford you little support in the event of difficulties. 窮乏の事態にもほとんど援助できかねます◆The union leader assured the Labour Part...